Pool Backwash System
- Backwashing is the process of cleaning the pool’s sand filter by reversing the flow of water.It is necessary to keep your sand clean to allow for proper water flow and keep your swimming pool clear.
- Backwashing usually takes about one and a half to two minutes.
- Every backwash will use between 250 and 500 litres of water on the average swimming pool.
- Because of the water crisis in the Western Cape, it is now illegal to pump this water to the street or drain and environmentally most unfriendly.
- Our Poolside Tank system receives the water normally thrown away from a pool’s filter backwash process.
- The system processes this dirty water and within 24 hours the water can be safely returned to the pool.